Trials, Blessings, Miracles...

Friday, October 21, 2005

He will provide =)

I just wanna say that although I haven't been blogging like everyday, it doesn't mean that I'm feeling Him in my life any less. The truth is, everyday is full of new experiences, trials, learning ones and blessings and many more, if I were to write down everything that happens, I'd have to keep on writing every other moment. Also, now I sometimes write in my notebook for spiritual stuff, like sermon notes, quiet time stuff, thoughts and stuff about my spiritual life. That one contains all my most personal thoughts and everything, at hand anytime, unlike this online blog.

Today was the Concerto Competition's first round for woodwinds and brasses. There's quite abit that happened, some parts perhaps not what we, being humans, would like best, and probably think are very bad, but after much thought today, from after playing until now, He has helped me to see once again that truly, all that He has planned, is perfect. Apart from the scarlet incident, everything else fell in one after the other, and now that I come to think of it, I wasn't very worried, as in to the extent of shaking and getting all worked up and nervous. He gave me the peace and serenity to practise bits that I wasn't very clear with the articulation yet etc, while waiting for Nat to come up and run through the piece with me. It was a long wait, but I had the time to do all the necessary preparations, including changing and having a few extra minutes after eating my cup noodle lunch, clear out the bit of extra consumed air that could cause burping during the performance, etc, and much more. All the little stuff. And I did get to prac through and more or less clear all the tougher running articulated parts in the whole of the movement. And just after running through Animato then more or less the whole movement, LiFeng called to say it was my turn and ask where I was. Wow, thank God for that. Most importantly, we had the time to pray, 10seconds in the lift down from 3rd level to Stage level. ok maybe more than 10secs, but said a quick prayer with Nat, then we stepped out of the lift and back stage, put down our stuff, decided to play right away instead of waiting until after Sebas, and played. In the end, all the adrenaline from having to come down quickly and get ready helped, kept the nerves away, especially after seeing the panel of adjudicators, Adams, Fredi and Caroline. Even helped me push more, and Nat said that I was more responsive to her pushes in the music etc. So everything turned out well, Nat n Dot said it was the best yet that I had played after listening to the recording. Thank God for everything!! =) I may not have physically won any title, but He has helped me climb over a wall in myself. And also after "counselling" from Nat n Dot on monday, especially from Yibin on tuesday, I'm learning to cope with a problem I myself face, how to react to good stuff people say, aka praise, without getting all scared and hiding away. I've known for quite some time that the answer is of course "Thank God, not me!", but often forget, now, I can say that with more confidence =) really thank God for that, and everything else! =)

This evening I was resting after dinner, spending time reading Bible. Read about Abraham. On the bus ride home, read more about Abraham 亚伯拉罕, this time about "Abraham Tested 神吩咐亚伯垃罕献以撒". Was thinking about this part, verse 7 where Isaac 以撒 asked 亚伯拉罕 about the lamb for the burnt offering and what he replied in verse 8:
7 Isaac spoke up and said to his father Abrahan, "Father?"
"Yes, my son?"Abraham replied.
"The fire and wood are here," Isaac said, "but where is the lamb for the burnt offering?"

8 Abraham answered, "God himself will provide the lamb for the burnt offering, my son."And
the two of them went on together.
7 以撒对他父亲亚伯拉罕说:“父亲啊!” 亚伯拉罕说:“我儿,我在这里。” 以撒说:“请看,火与柴
都有了,但shu2祭的羔羊在哪里呢?”
8 亚伯拉罕说:“我儿, 神必自己预备作shu2 祭 的羔羊。” 于是二人同行。

Indeed, God Himself provides for everything we need. Even at times when things don't seem like they could possibly be of any help, or to the extent where it seems like nothing else could possibly get any worse or more wrong, yet they do, in the end, everything always works out fine according to His plans. That's the first learning point and reminder today, that God always provides!
Secondly, we've got to learn to be submissive to Him. Because Abraham was, even though he was put to a seemingly impossible and horrible task, sacrificing his only and loved son. It was a test, and because he was submissive to God and obeyed Him, he passed God's test for him, and was further more blessed. Why we should be submissive to Him?: because He is God, our only Lord and Master, and only when we are submissive and obey Him and do as He says, can we see what He has in store for us. By being stubborn and disobedient, we are simply pushing away what He wants to give us. That is of no good to anybody at all. If we are truly repentent and confess our sins and are willing to change, He will surely help us, for He wants us to be saved, not dead. But if we stubbornly choose to disregard and ignore what He is trying to tell us, through other Christians and the Bible itself, then we are simply throwing ourselves into a death pit, and will most certainly be judged on Judgement Day. The evil, sinful, ungodly, those who do things that are ungodly in His eyes, will surely be judged and have to face the terrible horrible consequeces of their actions then. Knowing that, we should avoid such acts and prepare everyday to live to your very best as a Christian, He will provide for everything! =) thank God. Amen. =)

God, please help me that should I say anything that is false, please teach me and right me, that I should only speak of the truth and not false teachings.

Truly what Cecilia said during tuesday's Bible study class, that even if we can't sit down and really go into deep study of the Bible, we should always read the Bible, n live in His words. Indeed, it is true, for He'll speak to us each day through His words, and everyday we'll learn a little more and grow a little more. =)

Thank God for everything =)

To those who are reading this:
Take care and God bless you always =)

added sunday 23 oct 12:16am:
Thinking about this. My friend commented "quite an exprience isn't it..."
Well, I'd say it was more of a spiritual experiene than a musical one =) Still, thank God for it all =)

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home